This toolbox functions as a starting point for fashion brands and retailers seeking to explore circular design within their company. Its overarching intention is to inform and inspire key departments within a company. This includes management, design and marketing, with the ultimate goal of enhancing a company’s understanding of the critical role design plays in creating a circular fashion system.
The aim of this toolbox is to gather key insights from brands, organisations, companies and researchers to prompt engagement and action amongst fashion brands. The focus is on finding ways to design closed-loop products that can be looped back into the fashion system by ultimately redefine the life cycle of garments. Throughout the toolbox, we point to external resources and guides that can provide further support, insights and knowhow.
The toolbox is divided into six sections for different departments to easily navigate the different processes associated with each phase:
1. Becoming informed introduces the role of circular design and outlines calls for action.
2. Creating a circular design strategy explores why circular design is strategically sound and outlines how to develop targets.
3. Designing circular products dives deeper into the different approaches to circular design.
4. Marketing circular products examines the role of labelling and marketing for a circular design to be successful.
5. Evaluating the circular product & process provides tips on how to evaluate the success of your circular design and how to identify improvement levers.
6. The road ahead explores roadblocks to circular design.