Desserto® is a highly sustainable plant-based vegan-leather made from cactus, often distinguished by its soft texture. The level of break in the material is first-rate. Qualities like roundness and spring that you normally find in leather, are also found in Desserto®’s materials.
Desserto® adheres to the most rigorous quality and environmental standards, while still managing to deliver a wide variety of products that perform well. The company’s overarching goal is to provide the fashion industry with a sustainable and cruelty-free alternative to faux and animal leather – free of any toxic chemicals and with a significantly reduced environmental footprint.
As the world’s first cactus vegan-leather, Desserto® remains highly sustainable across its production value chain.
Desserto’s five Sustainable facts
1. The micro-flora and micro-fauna soil is enriched through native and typical organic cactus afforestation.
2. The water usage is reduced, as no irrigation is applied.
3. Environment is preserved, as no chemicals (such as herbicides or pesticides) are used.
4. Cactus is left unharmed to enable repeated harvesting from the same plant.
5. Energy is saved by drying the feedstock in a solarium.